Who’d have thunk it?! I have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award! The lovely person who nominated me is over at Cross(Stitch) Your Heart and she has quite a fantastic blog herself. I love reading her posts!
Anyways, apparently there are rules to this:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. (DONE!)
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. (DONE!)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (This is hard!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site. (see previous rule)
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (DONE!)
The hardest part of this for me is finding 15 other bloggers to give this award to! I am new to the blogging world myself and am still becoming familiar with it and discovering new blogs. I will have to post them as I discover them I guess. Here is what I have to start:
1) Left to Their Own Devices – This is actually my cousins blog, but it is truly amazing! She homeschools both of their childen and some of the stories she tells about them and their progress and their activities are truly amazing. I always look forward to a new post from her!
2) Moosehead Farm – Fellow container gardeners, though they are a bit more seasoned than I am. Always have such fun posts about their gardening endeavours!
3) The Magnificent Something – There aren’t words to describe how much I love this blog!
4) Country Mouse’s Blog – This also happens to be my best friend’s blog. She is a country girl at heart who has been transplanted into the city (albeit not a large one). It’s a city just the same to someone who would rather be out in the country.
5) Geekstitching – A fellow geek and crafter. Love reading about her projects!
6) Wee Little Stitches – Love reading posts about the new items in their Etsy shop as well as other awesome things!
7) Meow With Me – A fellow stitcher and cat lover! What more could I ask for?
8) Conceptual Art – Because I love art posted here.
9) Please Pass the Ketchup – A fantastic cooking blog!
Alas, these are the only blogs I can post as nominees for this award for the time being. More will come so I can fulfill my own duties as a nominee!
Moving on. Lastly, I have to post a list of 7 things about myself for the person who nominated me:
1) I am a bit of a cat lady. I leave out the crazy because I like to think I’m not and just love to have a couple cats around the house. I must have 2 cats in my home. Period.
2) Up until last summer, I had no idea what I “liked” anymore. I had so many interests while I was in high school and my early years of university that I lost interest in and I kind of went about the world feeling kind of lost for a few years. Last summer I rediscovered cross stitching and it has become a permanent hobby, and now I am learning photography as well as taking a stab at gardening (which you may already know thanks to my blog).
3) I’ve recently felt like my world is shrinking. Since I lost my job, I feel so much less in touch with things in the “outside world” and it really bothers me. Though this is mostly because I simply can’t afford to do the things I used to do. I guess have just been feeling it a lot more lately.
4) I am a fan of the Twilight Saga, as lame as it is; although I am not one of those Edward/Jacob/sparkly vampire crazy types. The books just kind of struck a chord with me the first time I read them and I have enjoyed them ever since. Through some fan forums, I have actually met some of the most amazing people I havein my life to date. Things wouldn’t be the same without them even if they are oceans away.
5) I have made at least 3 previous attempts at writing a blog over the past 5 years or so and this is my most successful. All of the others crashed and burned because I didn’t seem to have a real purpose in posting to them. Or maybe it is that I have a specific topic this time…
6) I have 2 pilot’s licences though they are frightfully out of date as I haven’t been keeping up with the requirements. Maybe when I have money again…but we will see (this is in keeping with #2).
7) I love love LOVE books! I have an e-reader (well, an e-reader app on my phone), but I find that I prefer holding an actual book in my hand. Nothing relaxes me more than curling up with a cup of tea and a good book! I am always open to new book recommendations!
I am so excited about this. I never thought I would actually have people reading my blog. It just makes it feel that much more worthwhile. 🙂