It has been yet another busy week in our household. Now that I am working again, I swear it feels like I never have all the time I need to accomplish the things that I need to/want to! I decided that today is one of those days where I am going to use the time to get caught up on things – one of those things being this post.
Earlier this week, as rare as it is, I did some baking. We had a can of pureed pumpkin sitting open in the fridge from a botched effort with the cats and trying to cut down on hairballs (turns out the cats wouldn’t touch the stuff). Not wanting it to go to waste I set out on a hunt to find a recipe that would make use of it before it went bad. I was successful and managed to find a recipe for pumpkin cookies. They turned out great!
The recipe made over 2 dozen cookies, and they were quite delicious. Mind you, I am now “pumpkined-out” and will be for quite some time. They actually turned out to be more like mini cookie shaped cakes rather than actual cookies which I thought was actually pretty cool.
We used them quite a bit for when we have tea on the balcony. Jay took the last of them in his lunch today. The recipe was quite simple and not much different from most normal cookie recipes. With me not being very adept at baking I appreciated this a lot. They were hard to mess up!
The tea cup in the photo above is new to me too. I really like it. I think the colour and patterns are just fantastic. On Friday, Jay and I went and browsed an antique shop for a bit and I found this and was determined to have it. We had to brave quite the storm to get home afterward too. The rest of the plans we had for the night were unfortunately cancelled, as it was to be an outdoor event. I am still waiting to see if there is going to be a rain date or not. Who would want to miss a chance to see Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen again for free?!
I started up a new stitch project this week as well. I had a hard time choosing colours this time.
I had decided that navy blue would be the first colour, but I could not decide on the second. I had to consult with a friend, and then ultimately I just picked one of the three I had set out to be chosen from. I’m sure they all would have worked well, but it was just too much work to figure out what to use! Anyways, I chose the colour, and the project is begun:
This one will be a relatively quick one to finish, but I think it is going to be fun. After that I will pick back up with the Vintage Colt (again). I keep making errors and having to pull threads so I have been a little bit annoyed with it in general. I am hoping I am done with the mistakes when I pick it back up again!