After finishing that last holiday ornament I moved on to something new pretty quickly. This “something new” is the birth announcement I have already mentioned a time or two on the blog. It was meant for my step-sister upon the arrival of her new baby daughter back in October. I got off to a bit of a late start on it…(had to give her an I.O.U. at the baby shower…) but it is finally in the works and is really starting to look great.
As of this past Saturday (Jan 12) this is where my progress stands. I had to stop at this point because I ran out of green floss! Not to worry, the situation was remedied on Sunday, and I am ready to get going on it again this weekend. I think this is going to look fantastic when it is done. This is actually a surprising amount of progress for me as this is what it looked like just a week previous:
I am quite proud of the fact that I have made so much headway on this one in such a short time. I hope to have it finished sometime in February. From then on I hope to (finally) make some serious progress on the vintage colt as I feel like I have left it for far too long. I think it is time for me to take a break from making things for others after this one, and stitch for the sheer enjoyment. I am looking forward to a busy year of stitching for it!