On this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, I have so much to be thankful for. These past few months have been difficult, but they have helped me to realize what I have and how lucky I truly am.
So here goes… The cliché “I’m thankful for…” list:
- Friends: for giving me a reason to laugh again, and in one specific case, a temporary home while I got my shit together.
- The support I have received from coworkers over said past few months. I wouldn’t have come as far as I have without it.
- Family: for coming to my rescue emotionally, and being there first to help me pick up the pieces and get started on starting over.
- Coworkers: specific ones, you know who you are; for being so patient with me while I was struggling and upset at work, and for helping me with tools to begin again.
- My small but faithful group of readers: you keep me wanting to write.
- Discovering groups and forums online where I can be the real me, without judgment. (Team Hooman, I’m talking to you!)
- Tobi, my cat: I love her so much. She makes the quiet nights on my own bearable.
- Everyone in my life, you have given me so much faith in humanity. You are the best of the best.
- Meeting my hero, Felicia Day, back in August. It was one of the best days of my life.
So there you have it. I really do have a lot to be thankful for. And I am so incredibly thankful for everything.