I spent a couple of days this week going through my books because I was close to finishing one of the ones I’ve been working on. It turned into compiling my to-read list or rather, my to-read pile. Now that it’s together, it’s quite intimidating!
Three of the books are books I have read in the past and want to revisit, but the majority are books I have never read before. There are twelve in total, which doesn’t sound like much, but when you look at them…
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- From Hell by Alan Moore & Eddie Campbell
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore & David Lloyd
- Spontaneous by Joe Harris & Brett Weldele
Since taking this photo earlier tonight, I also added The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien to the list, I started reading it well over a year ago and still haven’t finished it. It’s time to work on that one again, along with the rest of these. Three of them are already on the list to read for my 30 Before 30 list, and here’s hoping I will still be able to finish them in time. An update on that will be coming probably next week, since time is becoming short. Only a few more weeks left before my 30th birthday! Wow, how time flies!
It’s been a crazy week, and a not-all-together bad one! Hopefully more details on that in my next post as things develop.