Today’s prompt: Five ways to win your heart.
Winning my heart can be easy or hard depending on how you approach it. The following list is all or nothing:
1. Liking similar things is helpful, or at least accepting me for the geeky person I am and respecting that these things I love will always be a part of my life.
2. Don’t try to change me. Like everyone else I have flaws and personal issues I have to deal with. Accept that those things are a part of me. Please please PLEASE don’t try to change them. They are a part of who I am. Also, do not tell me how to live my life, or who I can associate with.
3. Be understanding and supportive of my mental illness. It is a part of me that I don’t much like, and it is hard to deal with at times, especially on bad days. My anxiety and depression aren’t going anywhere, however unfortunate that clearly is.
4. Fall in love/become attached to my cat. Or at least make a concerted effort. We are a package deal.
5. My family is important to me. Do not disrespect them. Do not give me a hard time for wanting to spend time with them. They aren’t perfect. And no one is. But I love them and they are an important part of my life.