Attend Forest City Comicon 2.0 (October 18, 2015)
2. Have a good old fashioned picnic.
3. Go on a hike.
Go to the beach for the day.
5. Step up the blog photography.
Try a new craft for creative outlet. – painting
7. Finish Bird of Hope WIP
. Learn to crochet, start a blanket.
- First crochet stitch – Feb 14, 2015
- First dish cloth – Feb 16, 2015
- First granny square – May 16, 2015
- Blanket started! – May 30, 2015
9. Make/acquire art piece(s) for bedroom (even just updated photos).
- “Keep Calm and Kiss Me” framed image
Volunteer somewhere. – Eldon House beginning May 2015
11. Learn to drive standard.
Pay down at least $10K of my current debt.
13. Put some money away in savings.
14. Read all of the books I own that I haven’t read yet. (3)
Take a creative writing course.
- Enrolled May 16, 2015
- Course begins Jun 19, 2015
- Completed Jul 27, 2015
16. Read 2 non-fiction books.
- You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) – Felicia Day (Sep 6, 2015)
17. Read 5 contemporary fiction books before I revisit the usual classics.
- The Luminaries – Eleanor Catton (May 13, 2015)
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore – Robin Sloan (May 28, 2015)
- The Quest – Nelson DeMille (Nov 12, 2015)
- Outlander – Diana Gabaldon (in progress)
- Eleanor and Park – Rainbow Rowell (Nov 30, 2015)
18. Learn at least one new thing every month.
- The Bystander Effect – the more people there are around, the less likely a person will react to a situation (i.e. seeing someone being attacked) (Jan 2015)
- I can control my own path. I’ve just kind of let things happen for so long. I know now that I have complete control over where my life goes and what I do with it. My confidence has been increasing since I learned this. (Feb 2015)
- I have a lot more value than I think I do. I don’t often think about the impact I have or have had on others’ lives. A few conversations have taken place recently to help me have a better grasp of the value I do have – to myself and others. (Mar 2015)
- I learned the basics of building a Magic:The Gathering deck! (Apr 2015)
- Set backs do not equal failure. I had a major setback this month, with the help of Jay and my therapist, I have come to better understand that a setback is just that: a setback. It doesn’t mean I have failed at the task at hand. (May 2015)
- Structured classes are definitely better for me when it comes to learning, whether they be online or in the classroom. (Jun 2015)
- I CAN do this. I’m going to be okay. (Jul 2015)
- New beginnings can be positive and exciting. (Aug 2015)
- My seasonal depression hits me like a ton of bricks. Every time, no matter how prepared I think I am. (Sep 2015)
- I need to spend more time connecting with old friends. (Oct 2015)
- I finally understand the concept of privilege and how it applies to me as a white woman. (Nov 2015)
19. Save up enough money to attend yoga weekly – start April 2, 2015
20. Lose 15lbs, keep it off.
Make walking a part of my daily routine.
22. Cook 10 new, healthy and interesting meals, integrate the best ones into regular meal rotation.
- Crockpot Cabbage Roll Casserole
Try 3 local restaurants I’ve never tried before.
- The Byron Freehouse
- The Early Bird Cafe
24. Bake a cheesecake.
Try 5 brand new foods.
- El Diablo hot chocolate – Feb 14, 2015
- “The Closer”: a deep-fried chicken sandwich – Apr 18, 2015
- Turducken Deli Club – Jun 13, 2015
- Pupusa – Jul 10, 2015
- Tamale – Jul 10, 2015
26. Write a blog post a week.
Donate blood for the first time. (Dec 3, 2015)
Go out for ice cream.
See 12 movies I have never seen before.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Jan 11, 2015)
- The Fault in Our Stars (Feb 6, 2015)
- There Will Be Blood (Feb 21, 2015)
- Jupiter Ascending (Feb 28, 2015)
- Kingsman:The Secret Service (Mar 6, 2015)
- Anna Karenina (Mar 7, 2015)
- 21 Jump St (Apr 20, 2015)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (Apr 25, 2015)
- The Host (May 16, 2015)
- Mirror, Mirror (May 16, 2015)
- Legion (June 6, 2015)
- The Great Gatsby (June 8, 2015)
30. Buy my first board game
, host a game night.