I know it’s been a little bit since I last published for this project. Family Christmases got in the way! I have a break from gatherings now, and thought I would continue on.
Welcome to Part 4 of the 100 Things I Love project. Reflecting over Christmas and being away from work made it a bit easier to come up with some additions for the list, which was pretty awesome.
- Any kind of cool nerdy coffee mug
- My TARDIS collection
- Wiggling my toes in new warm grass
- Sitting around the table chatting with the family after a big holiday dinner
- Sitting on my back patio/landing reading a book in the sun
- Finishing the latest project
- Wayne’s snickerdoodles – Gluten Free and AMAZING
- Quiet days to myself with no expectations
- Yummy-smelling candles
- When plans go off without a hitch
- Feeling prepared (this one is helpful for my anxiety too!)
- A glass of ice-cold water
- A nice, brisk walk.
- Great conversation
- Having a library card
- Collecting Classics (the books, that is)
- Holiday leftovers
- Learning to manage my money effectively
- Treating myself from time to time (It’s just good self-care.)
I hope you had a great holiday! I did, for the most part. I find it a bit more difficult these days to really get into it as the majority of my family are adults or are nearing adulthood. There is less emphasis on the excitement of gift-giving, and more on just being with family. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really great. It’s one of my favourite parts of the season. It’s just hard to get pumped up and in the “holiday spirit” when that’s the case. I am back to work for the rest of this week, and then we are on to New Year’s Even this weekend. I have plans to go see some friends and spend the night playing board games and eating and drinking lots of wine. I am very much looking forward to it. I hope you have some exciting New Year’s Eve plans as well!