Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2017. I am feeling a lot of positivity about this coming year and am looking forward to seeing what it brings. In the meantime, I bring you the last installment of my little self-care project. 100 Things I Love, has been really uplifting, and I have found that I have generally been able to keep a more positive attitude versus before. I am calling this self-care project a success!
- Watching my friends’ and my sisters’ kids grow up
- A freshly tidied space
- Scented candles that smell like baked goods
- Scarves – I hate having a cold neck!
- A nice hot bath
- That I can take medication to help manage my depression
- Super hero movies
- My antique desk
- Being able to play PC games again (It’s been years.)
- Organizing my clutter
- Coming home after time away
- Sleeping in my bed after I’ve been away for a night or two – it really feels amazing
- Being able to drink tea from a travel mug!
- A sense of accomplishment at the end of the work day
- Writing when I can; when I feel inspired (however rare it may be)
- Curling up in bed right before I fall asleep when I am good and tired
- Fresh starts
- The amazing friends I have in my life
- Coming up with this list
And there you have it. 100 things I love, complete.
2016 was a heck of a year. There were a lot of changes, and a lot of things that stayed the same. I started a new job, and as a result I made an amazing new friend. The new job also resulted in working at the first job I’ve ever felt appreciated and respected. She is truly wonderful. I finally started loving living alone, and that has resulted in being able to focus on things I wasn’t able to before. My best friend moved across the country. I am thankful however, that we are able to keep in touch thanks to Apple! I had a health scare with Tobi, but we weathered it and she is healthy now, aside from the continuous issues she has had to deal with for most of her life.
I have big plans for 2017 though. I plan to travel! I plan to meet people! I will be starting my house savings. I will be improving things around my apartment, a plan for which has already been set in motion. I will be taking better care of myself and my health as well. I have many goals I have set out to accomplish. I am excited for these things, and will of course be sharing what I can.
Happy New Year!